Home treatment team
- Our Home treatment team aims to work with patients and families who are suffering from an acute mental health crisis, and refusing treatment for their mental health condition.
- The Home Treatment Team (HTT) involves a multidisciplinary team consisting of psychiatrist, psychologist, social workers and therapist
- Our HTT is available from 9am till 9pm to support people with psychiatric problems as an alternative to hospital admission.
- The aim is to keep patients in their own homes, avoiding unnecessary admission through home based assessment support and treatment.
- The HTT will assess patients with mental disorders of all age groups. The client’s postal address should be within 7 km of the team base.
- HTT involves psychiatric doctors, community psychiatric nurses, psychologist and other professionals trained in mental health.
- The team (usually a Doctor and a nurse) will see the patient at home in their own environment which may reduce the stigma of coming into a psychiatric hospital.
- The team will then work hard to gain the confidence of the patient and slowly engage them in the treatment process.